There is a lot of need for a reservation before having a company name. When you have reserved a name for your company, there is a high assurance that you will hold the title for a certain period until you are ready. Name reservation is usually done when the documents needed to start a business are not ready to be filed. So, you must run a company name reservation. You may, however, be asking yourself, how do I reserve a company name in Kenya? Keep reading to find out more about that.
Here are a few steps that you are required to follow to make a company name reservation:
1. Visit the E-Citizens portal and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, you can further go on and register a new account
2. On the portal, click on the name search and name reservation option
3. Enter the name of your proposal that of which you want to reserve
4. Pay a fee of Ksh.150 and confirm the payment details
5. Get the name of your choice and reserve it
Benefits of Reserving a Company Name in Kenya
There are a lot of benefits that come with company name reservations. However, one of the most important benefit is the protection rights
When you have made a company name reservation, you can have that name for a certain period of time. The name will now be considered yours until you are ready to register your company entirely.
So, one of the privileges of reserving a company name is the protection of the name rights.
How Much Does It Cost to Reserve a Business Name In Kenya?
It costs between Ksh 150 and Ksh 800 to reserve a business name in Kenya.
Depending on where you are making the reservation and the type of company you want to reserve with, there might be variations in prices.
How Do I Reserve a Business Name on Ecitizen?
Reserving a company name is easier than you may think. All you are required to do is visit the eCitizen platform, and you are good to go.
You, however, must consider that there is a payment of fees that will help in the name reservation process.
How Can I Secure My Business Name in Kenya?
You can secure your business name by:
1. Using an Entity Name: When you tend to use an entity name, it will protect you at the state level.
2. Using a Trademark: A trademark will usually protect you at the federal level.
3. Domain Name: A domain name will protect your business website address.
Can You Reserve a Name for a Business?
Yes. You can reserve a name for a business. All you have to do is make an application through the eCitizen website, and you are good to go.
On the website, you will be required to fill in some details about yourself to continue with the reservation. However, a payable fee is required.
The cost of registering a business name in Kenya ranges from Ksh. 950 to Ksh. 11,000 on average. You will notice a variation in the prices depending on the type of business or company you are registering.
You can conduct a business name search Kenya to ascertain that your business name is available. You can search by logging into the eCitizen portal and following the necessary steps. By doing that, you will be able to conduct a name search, and therefore you will be good to go.